Sunday, January 14, 2007

As time passes...

Yakushiji Temple, Nara sightseeing
This photo is in the site of Yakushiji Temple in Nara, near Kyoto.

Looking at both of the towers carefully, you will find that the left is old and that the right is new. The left was built over 1200 years ago, and the new was rebulit about 25 years ago.

Plus, the left, the old one, is shorter than the right, the new one. Because the height of the new tower is original and the gravity have been making the old tower shrinking as more than 1200 years have passed.

The difference of height between them show the difference of the passing time between them.
Location by Google Map

3 Comments:

At 1/15/2007 7:18 PM, Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

I remember my 'Shugaku-Ryko" for Junior-High. Lot's of good memories.

 
At 1/16/2007 6:15 AM, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Can tourists go inside the old tower or is it too fragile for visitors??

 
At 1/16/2007 6:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ben: I went to Kyoto and Nara for junior-high school Shugaku-ryoko, school trip. I did not remember where I visited, but remember that I sneaked out of the hotel and went to go Yakiniku restaurant. It was very fun.
ming: Tourist cannot go inside, unfortunately... But I think that it is better to see it from outside. This tower is one of greatest wooden towers in Japan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home