Saturday, October 06, 2007

Zori, traditional shoes for Kimono

These are called Zori in Japanese and we put on them when dressing in kimono, a Japanese cloth. I don't have such shoes because I don't have any kimonos, as well as most Japanese.

These shoes had been quite usual till sixty years ago but now only for those who wear kimono. These are one of the items which remind me of good old Japan.


At 10/09/2007 11:05 AM, Blogger Hyderabad Daily Photo said...

Are zori a kind of geta or ミュール? or geta are only the wooden kind? We have such flip-flops in India. I can't tell what these are made of in the photo, but we have rubber ones. They are called "hawaii chappal".


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home